Friday, October 12, 2012

Blessings, not Burdens

It is October baseball season! The time when baseball fans anxiously await the crowning of the new World Series Champions. Our house is abuzz with excitement (and stress!) as we watch each game that our St. Louis Cardinals play during this postseason. Daddy cheers, Mommy runs around the living room, Fletcher imitates the players, and Sophie is just happy to be along for the ride!

Why is this Fall Classic such a big deal, anyway? What makes Americans sit on the edge of their seat, laugh, cry, and jump up and down? It is because the reward is sweet. There is nothing like seeing your favorite (or second favorite!) baseball team storm the field in victory, hold up that trophy, and win the ultimate prize of "Champion."

For those of you who don't have any interest at all in baseball, I apologize! I will move on and get to my point: the thrill of winning the World Series is nothing compared to receiving the reward that comes with having children.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." ~Psalm 127:3

I don't know of a single baseball player or fan that would say, "I think I'll pass on that World Series thing. Winning would be too much of a hindrance for me." In the same way, I do not see my children as an interference to my career, a crimp in my lifestyle, or a financial burden. I get excited when I think about them! I love spending the day playing, hugging, and providing for them.They  are gifts given to me by a gracious God. They are my rewards.

God has blessed me beyond belief and brought such joy through the lives of my two little people. It is my prayer that as I invest my time, energy, and love into their lives, God will draw them to Himself and make them lovers of their Savior. I couldn't imagine having a higher career, ministry, or heritage than that.

And as for the World Series, we will have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment