Monday, December 10, 2012

Decking the Halls

One thing I love most about the Christmas season is all of the beautiful decorations. It is so much fun to turn my home into what I like to call "a magical, Christmas wonderland." In the past 2 years since Fletcher has been born, I have chosen to decorate during his nap time. This year I decided to do the bulk of the decorating while both Fletcher and Sophie were awake and full of energy.

The Christmas music in the background was drowned out by Sophie blowing raspberries as she played at our feet. The stockings could not be hung until they were first put on Fletcher's feet and strewn around the living room. Every ornament had to be touched. Every decoration had to be investigated. The giggling was as abundant as the twinkling lights. In short, we had a blast.

Did the decorating take twice as long as usual? Yes. 
Was it ten times more fun and memorable? Absolutely. 
Will I do it this way for every Christmas to come? You bet.



No comments:

Post a Comment