Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mommyhood and the Cross

I love being a wife and mom. It thrills my heart to have the privilege to serve my husband and two precious children. But even above my family, I have a greater love. That love is for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave His life on the cross so that I could have my sins forgiven and make Him my joy forever.

These two loves do not negate each other. In fact, the very opposite is true. It is because of my relationship with Christ that I can love my family selflessly and joyfully. I could not be the mother that He desires me to be without Him mightily working in my life. On the other hand, my relationship with my family has proven to  mold me into the image of my Savior more than I ever thought possible. Time and time again, situations with my children have revealed my sinful heart, drawing me to repentance and a closer intimacy with Christ.

It is my prayer that this blog will be used to illustrate the love God has for His children and magnify His cross through the many victories (as well as challenges!) that come while being called "mommy." I hope that as you read, your heart will be encouraged and refreshed, and that together we can glorify God through the adventures of mommyhood!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you started a blog! I for sure will be a regular :-).

    ReplyDelete