Monday, November 12, 2012

Just Like Daddy

"...Be imitators of God, as beloved children." ~Ephesians 5:1 

For almost 3 years Fletcher has been watching and getting to know his mommy and daddy. He knows how we talk, act, and what our interests are. Now that he knows us, he tries to imitate us every chance he gets. It is not uncommon to see him talking on the phone like me and walking around the house wearing my shoes (please don't tell him I told you!). He loves to tinker around with his tools and work on "projects" like Daddy. And he is forever making us laugh by saying phrases that we use all the time. Because Fletcher love us, he wants to be just like us.

I believe that Christ has paid the price of my sins through His death on the cross. He bore the wrath that should have been mine, making it possible for a holy God to forgive me. Because of this, I have the privilege of being God's child. He is my Father and loves me with an everlasting love.  Just like Fletcher wants to be just like Daddy,  I too should love my heavenly Daddy enough to want to be be like Him. I must imitate His character by showing love, kindness, compassion, grace, holiness. I need to grow closer to Him and allow the Spirit to transform my heart, making me more like my Savior.

May God give me the grace to know and be just like my own Abba Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment